Edinburgh International Scholarships in UK: Edinburgh Law School at the University of Edinburgh is delighted to help students fund their PhD studies through its Edinburgh Legal Education Trust Scholarships. Applications for the academic year 2022-2023 are now rolling.
The scholarship is open to anyone who, by the start of the PhD programme, holds honors or a master’s degree in law (or equivalent) and is accepted by the University of Edinburgh for postgraduate study. However, preference for this £15,700 scholarship will be given to applicants with a master’s degree.
The Edinburgh Law School is at the University of Edinburgh, one of the world’s top universities. The law school is ranked 17th in the 2019 Times Higher Education World University Rankings for Law.
Why choose to study at the University of Edinburgh? Edinburgh Law School has been rooted in the open and interdisciplinary traditions of Scots law. They are a fully comprehensive law school that affects civic change both locally and globally committed to being an open, inclusive, and socially responsible member of the community.
- Application Deadline: The closing date for the scholarship is announced to be 9th May 2022
- University or Organization: University of Edinburgh
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: £15,700
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in the UK.
- Eligible Countries: UK national students and overseas students can both apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD studies at the Edinburgh Law School on legal doctrine rather than on, for example, legal theory or socio-legal issues can be undertaken.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be accepted by the University of Edinburgh for postgraduate study.
How to Apply
- How to Apply for the Edinburgh International Scholarships in UK: Admission applications for a PhD programme at the law school must be made online. Students are required to fill the scholarship application form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Previous academic transcripts
- Degree certificates
- Degree certificate and transcript from your postgraduate study
- Two academic references
- A research proposal
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must hold honours or a master’s degree in law (or equivalent).
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 7.0
- TOEFL-iBT – 100
- CAE/CPE – 185
- Trinity ISE – SE III with a pass in all four components
The scholarship amount of £15,700 will be awarded to the selected students for one year in the first instance but will be renewed annually for a further two years, subject to satisfactory progress.
286 Total Views, 3 Views Today