GSK Scholarships for Future Health Leaders 2022/2023: Three scholarships are offered to support the training and development of the next generation of leaders in global health, and strengthen the capacity of health systems and health-related research in Africa.
Application Deadline: 27th February 2022 23:59 (GMT)
Eligible Countries: sub-Saharan Africa
To be Taken at (country): UK
About the GSK Scholarships: These highly competitive scholarships are available to applicants intending to study on a one-year, full-time, London-based MSc programme at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM).
Eligibility: To be eligible for these GSK Scholarships, applicants must:
- be nationals of, and resident in, countries in sub-Saharan Africa;
- intend to return to sub-Saharan Africa on completion of their MSc year at LSHTM;
- confirm that they would not otherwise be able to pay for the proposed programme of study by submitting the supplementary questions form with tick-box checked;
- meet LSHTM’s minimum English language requirements;
- hold a first degree at either a first or upper second class equivalency level; and
- hold an offer of admission for 2022-23 for one of LSHTM’s 19 London-based MSc programmes of study.
Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate (in their application documentation) the potential to make significant contributions to public health and/or health-related research in Africa.
Number of Awards: 3
Value of GSK Scholarships: Each scholarship will cover:
- tuition fees, including any mandatory field trip fees, and
- a tax-free stipend (living allowance) of GBP 17,633.00.
Duration of Program: 1 year
How to Apply for GSK Scholarships: The application process has two steps. To be considered for the funding, applicants must meet all eligibility criteria and complete both steps outlined below by the scholarship deadline of 23:59 (GMT) on Sunday 27 February 2022.
- Step 1
Submit an application for 2022-23 for a London-based MSc programme of study, as per instructions under the ‘How to Apply’ tab on the relevant programme of study page.
- Step 2
Submit an online scholarships application, selecting this scholarship option from the drop-down menu. A completed Supplementary Questions Form for this scholarship must be uploaded as part of this application. This is the only attachment required in Step 2 (as applicants should have already submitted references; transcripts; a CV etc with their application for study).