The Senate at its 406th meeting held on 9th August, 2023, upon consideration of submission from the Senate Business Committee, approved Special Re-sit Examinations to final year, spill-over I and spill-over II students based on the following guidelines:
1. That only students who have registered and failed a maximum of three (3) courses which prevented them from graduating in 2020/2021 session at final year, spill-over I and spill-over II levels, are to be considered for the Special Re-sit Examinations.
Note: The withdrawal status of spill-over II students in this category depends on the outcome of the Special Re-sit Examinations.
2. The affected students are to pay a non-refundable fee of:
- a. N25,000-for one (1) course
- b. N35,000-for two (2) courses, and
- c. N45,000-for three (3) courses
3. Students that have already registered for 2022/2023 session and have satisfied the requirements of item 1 above at the same time passed the Special Re-sit Examination(s) are to be refunded the balance from the amount paid, depending on number of the Re-sit courses.
4. Students in category 3 above, who fail any course during the Special Re-sit are to be allowed to continue with their spill-over without additional cost since they have already paid using the stipulated fee.
5. Students who have not paid for 2022/2023 session registration fees and at the same yime fail any course during the Special Re-sit are to pay balance of the registration fees stipulated in their various courses of study.
6. Students with approved incomplete grading in not more than three (3) courses are also to be considered after paying service fee of N15,000.
7. Students that fail to register ONLY one (1) core course but sat for its examination.should be considered for the Special Re-sit after granting him/her the window to duly register the course.
8. Registration period for the Special Re-sit to commence from Monday, 28th August to Saturday, 9 September, 2023.
9. The affected students are to visit: http://www.mybuk2.buk.edu.ng/ugresit for payment and registration guidelines from 28 August, 2023.
10. Any student who pays for the Special Re-sit without confirming eligibility from the department does so at his/her own risk.
11. The Examinations are to commence on Monday, 11″ to Saturday, 16 September, 2023.
All affected students are expected to visit their respective departments for more information.
Lamara Garba Deputy Registrar, Public AffairsCopy