Architecture In University Of Benin 2023/2024 | Cut Off Mark And Requirements
Architecture In University Of Benin 2023/2024
If you are interested in studying Architecture at the University of Benin (UNIBEN), it is crucial to understand the program’s cut-off mark and requirements. This information will help you determine your eligibility and increase your chances of securing admission. Let’s explore the cut-off mark and requirements for Architecture in UNIBEN.
UNIBEN Departmental Cut-off Mark and Requirements for Architecture
To pursue Architecture at the University of Benin (UNIBEN), you must meet specific cut-off marks and requirements. These criteria play a significant role in determining your eligibility for admission. Let’s delve into the departmental cut-off mark and requirements for Architecture at UNIBEN.
Cut-off Mark for Architecture in UNIBEN
The cut-off mark for admission into the Architecture program at UNIBEN varies from year to year. However, it is important to note that the cut-off mark for Architecture is typically higher than the general cut-off mark for the university. Aspiring Architecture students should aim for a higher score in order to enhance their chances of admission.
To qualify for the Post UTME screening, you need to score a minimum of 200 in the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) examination. However, achieving this score does not guarantee admission into the Faculty of Environmental Science to study Architecture. Admission is highly competitive, and the cut-off mark for Architecture may vary each year.
Requirements for Architecture in UNIBEN
To be eligible for admission into the Architecture program at UNIBEN, you must meet specific requirements. These requirements include:
- JAMB Subject Requirements:
- Use of English
- Any one of Chemistry, Geography, Art, Biology, or Economics
- O’ Level (WAEC, NECO, or NABTEB) Requirements:
- Five (5) SSC credit passes, including:
- English Language
- Any one of the following: Fine Art, Geography, Woodwork, Biology, Economics, Technical Drawing, Further Mathematics, Introduction to Building Construction, Bricklaying/Blocklaying, Concreting, Wall, Floors and Ceiling Finishing, Joinery, Carpentry, Decorative Painting, Lining, Sign and Design, Wall Hanging, Color Mixing/Matching and Glazing, Ceramics, Graphics Design, Graphic Printing, Basic Electricity.
- Five (5) SSC credit passes, including:
- Direct Entry Requirements:
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes chosen from Mathematics or Physics and Chemistry, Geography or Fine Arts.
- ND/HND upper credits in a relevant field.
It is essential to thoroughly review these requirements and ensure that you fulfill them before applying for admission into the Architecture program at UNIBEN.
By understanding the cut-off mark and requirements for Architecture in UNIBEN, you can properly prepare yourself for the application process and increase your chances of being admitted into this prestigious program.
Post UTME Score for Architecture in UNIBEN
A score of 50 in the UNIBEN Post UTME examination is generally considered good enough to secure a place in the Architecture program at UNIBEN. It is important to understand that admission is not solely determined by the JAMB and Post UTME scores. Various factors, such as merit, educational disadvantaged states (ELDS), and overall student performance, influence the admission process. Students admitted on the merit list must score well above the aggregate score for Architecture.
UNIBEN Architecture Aggregate Score
The aggregate score for admission into the Architecture program at UNIBEN is set at 50. To calculate your aggregate score, divide your JAMB score by 8 and your Post UTME score by 2, and then sum them up. The aggregate score is the summation of your JAMB score divided by 8 and your Post UTME score divided by 2.
For example, if a student scores 250 in JAMB and 50 in Post UTME, their aggregate score would be:
250/8 + 50/2 = 31.25 + 25 = 56.25
As demonstrated, higher scores in both JAMB and Post UTME contribute to a higher average aggregate score, thereby increasing your chances of admission.
Other Admission Options: Direct Entry and JUPEB Program
Apart from JAMB, there are other admission options for studying Architecture at UNIBEN. Students can gain admission through Direct Entry, which allows individuals who have studied other courses to be admitted directly into the 200 level of the Architecture program.
Another alternative is the Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB) program. Students interested in Architecture can participate in the JUPEB program by purchasing the application form and sitting for the entrance exam. While there is no passing or failing in the entrance exam, successful candidates will be granted admission to study Architecture starting from the 200 level. The JUPEB program lasts for one year (two semesters), and candidates are required to pay a fee of NGN150,000, which can be paid in installments.
Study Duration and School Fees
The study duration for Architecture at UNIBEN is four years. Additionally, considering the mandatory National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) program, the total study duration becomes five years.
The current school fees for Architecture students at UNIBEN are NGN73,400 for new students and NGN45,400 for returning students.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How much is the acceptance fee for Architecture at UNIBEN? Students admitted to study Architecture at UNIBEN will be required to pay an acceptance fee of NGN60,000.
- Does UNIBEN accept two sittings for Architecture? Yes, the University of Benin accepts two sittings for Architecture.
- UNIBEN JAMB subject for Architecture? The JAMB subject requirements to study Architecture at UNIBEN are: Use of English, Physics, Mathematics, and any of Chemistry, Geography, Art, Biology, and Economics.
- WAEC subject requirements for Architecture in UNIBEN? The WAEC subject requirements to study Architecture at UNIBEN are: Five (5) SSC credit passes, including English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and any of Fine Art, Geography, Woodwork, Biology, etc.
In Conclusion The University of Benin offers a 4-year Architecture program. The JAMB subject requirements include Physics, Mathematics, and any of Chemistry, Geography, Art, Biology, and Economics. The O’ level requirements consist of Five (5) SSC credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and any of Fine Art, Geography, Woodwork, Biology, etc.
Leave a Reply