How Long Does it Take to Receive JAMB Profile Code 2024/2025?: The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) is the body that conducts the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and the Direct Entry (DE) for admission into various tertiary institutions in Nigeria. One of the requirements for registering for the UTME or DE is to have a JAMB profile code, which is a unique 10-digit number that identifies each candidate.
But how long does it take to receive the JAMB profile code after sending your National Identification Number (NIN) to 55019 or 66019? And what can you do if you don’t receive it or lose it? In this blog post, we will answer these questions and provide some tips on how to create and retrieve your JAMB profile code for the 2024/2025 academic session.
How to Create Your JAMB Profile Code
To create your JAMB profile code, you need to have a valid NIN, which is a mandatory requirement for all candidates. If you don’t have a NIN, you can visit any of the NIMC enrolment centres to register and obtain one. You can also check your NIN by dialling *346# on your mobile phone.
Once you have your NIN, you can create your JAMB profile code by following these steps:
- Send your NIN as a text message (SMS) to 55019 or 66019 from your personal mobile phone number. For example, write “NIN 00123456789” and send to 55019 or 66019. Note that there should be a space between the word “NIN” and your 11-digit NIN.
- You will receive an SMS containing your full name as registered with NIMC and your unique profile code. The profile code is usually 10 digits long and starts with “21” for UTME candidates or “22” for DE candidates.
- Save the SMS or write down the profile code somewhere safe. You will need it to purchase the e-PIN and complete your registration at any of the JAMB accredited CBT centres.
How Long Does it Take to Receive Your JAMB Profile Code?
Normally, it should not take more than a few minutes to receive your JAMB profile code after sending your NIN to 55019 or 66019. However, due to network issues or high traffic, it may take longer in some cases. Some candidates may experience delays of up to 24 hours or more before they receive their profile code.
If you don’t receive your profile code within a reasonable time, you can try the following:
- Check if you have enough airtime on your phone. You need at least N50 to send the SMS and receive the reply.
- Check if you have entered your NIN correctly. Make sure there are no errors or spaces in the digits.
- Check if you have used the same phone number that you registered with NIMC. If you have changed your phone number, you need to update it with NIMC before sending the SMS.
- Check if you have used a new phone number that has not been used by another candidate before. If you have used a previously used number, you will receive the old profile code of the previous candidate.
- Check if you have received an error message from JAMB. If you have received an error message such as “Invalid NIN”, “NIN not found”, “NIN already in use”, etc., you need to resolve the issue with NIMC or JAMB before sending the SMS again.
- Check if you have received a confirmation message from JAMB. If you have received a confirmation message such as “Your request has been received and is being processed”, “You will soon receive your Profile Code”, etc., you need to wait patiently for the profile code to be sent to you.
How to Retrieve Your Lost or Forgotten JAMB Profile Code
If you have lost or forgotten your JAMB profile code, you can easily retrieve it by following these steps:
- Send “RESEND” as a text message (SMS) to 55019 or 66019 from the same mobile phone number that you used to create your profile code.
- You will receive an SMS containing your full name and your profile code.
- Save the SMS or write down the profile code somewhere safe.
Alternatively, you can also check your email address that you used to register with JAMB. You may find an email from [email protected] with the subject “eMail Address Confirmation”. The email contains a link that says “Click here to continue your Profile Creation” and a unique code that is also your profile code.
Creating and retrieving your JAMB profile code is not difficult if you follow the steps outlined in this blog post. However, you need to be patient and careful when sending your NIN to 55019 or 66019, as it may take some time to receive your profile code or you may encounter some errors. You also need to keep your profile code safe and secure, as you will need it to complete your registration and access other JAMB services.
What is the JAMB profile code?
The JAMB profile code is a unique 10-digit number that identifies each candidate who registers for the UTME or DE. It is generated by sending your NIN to 55019 or 66019 from your personal mobile phone number.
How much does it cost to create or retrieve the JAMB profile code?
It costs N50 to send the SMS and receive the reply. You need to have enough airtime on your phone to create or retrieve your profile code.
Can I use another person’s phone number to create or retrieve my JAMB profile code?
No, you cannot. You must use the same phone number that you registered with NIMC and that is linked to your NIN. If you use another person’s phone number, you will receive the profile code of that person.
Can I change my name or other details after creating my JAMB profile code?
No, you cannot. The name and other details that you used to register with NIMC are the same ones that will be used by JAMB. If you want to change any of your details, you need to do so with NIMC before creating your profile code.