JAMB Recommended Textbooks for Physics 2024/2025: Physics is one of the subjects that many students take in the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME). Physics is the study of the natural phenomena and laws that govern the physical world. It covers topics such as mechanics, heat, light, sound, electricity, magnetism, atomic and nuclear physics, and more.
To prepare well for the JAMB UTME Physics paper, you need to have a good understanding of the JAMB syllabus and the recommended textbooks for Physics. The JAMB syllabus contains the topics and objectives that you are expected to cover in your study. The recommended textbooks are the ones that have been approved by JAMB as reliable sources of information and explanation for the Physics concepts and principles.
In this blog post, we will provide you with a list of the JAMB recommended textbooks for Physics 2024/2025. These textbooks are not compulsory, but they are highly recommended for you to gain a deeper insight into the subject. You can also use other textbooks that are relevant and up-to-date, but make sure you cross-check them with the JAMB syllabus and past questions.
List of JAMB Recommended Textbooks for Physics 2024/2025
The following are the JAMB recommended textbooks for Physics 2024/2025:
- Ike, E.E. (2014). Essential Principles of Physics, Jos ENIC Publishers.
- Ike, E.E. (2014). Numerical Problems and Solutions in Physics, Jos: ENIC Publishers.
- Nelson, M. (1977). Fundamentals of Physics, Great Britain: Hart Davis Education.
- Nelson, M. and Parker ? (1989). Advanced Level Physics, (Sixth Edition): Heinemann.
- Okeke, P.N. and Anyakoha, M.W. (2000). Senior Secondary School Physics, Lagos: Pacific Printers.
- Olumuyiwa, A. and Ogunkoya, O. O. (1992). Comprehensive Certificate Physics, Ibadan: University Press Plc.
How to Use the JAMB Recommended Textbooks for Physics 2024/2025
The JAMB recommended textbooks for Physics 2024/2025 are not meant to be read from cover to cover. Rather, they are meant to be used as references and guides for your study. Here are some tips on how to use them effectively:
- First, go through the JAMB syllabus for Physics and identify the topics and objectives that you need to cover.
- Next, choose one or more textbooks from the list above that cover those topics and objectives.
- Read the relevant sections of the textbooks carefully and try to understand the concepts and principles involved.
- Make notes of the important points, formulas, definitions, examples, diagrams, etc.
- Solve the exercises and problems at the end of each chapter or section to test your understanding and application skills.
- Compare your solutions with the answers provided in the textbooks or online sources.
- Review your notes regularly and revise the topics before the exam.
The JAMB recommended textbooks for Physics 2024/2025 are designed to help you prepare well for the JAMB UTME Physics paper. They contain comprehensive and accurate information and explanation on the Physics topics and objectives in the JAMB syllabus. They also provide you with numerous examples, exercises, and problems to practice and improve your skills.
However, you should not rely solely on these textbooks for your study. You should also use other sources of information such as past questions, online videos, tutorials, websites, etc. You should also join a study group or seek help from a tutor if you have any difficulties or doubts.
Remember that success in the JAMB UTME Physics paper depends largely on your hard work, dedication, and smart study strategies. We wish you all the best in your exam!
Are the JAMB recommended textbooks for Physics 2024/2025 compulsory?
No, they are not compulsory. You can use other textbooks that are relevant and up-to-date as long as they cover the topics and objectives in the JAMB syllabus.
How many textbooks do I need to read for JAMB UTME Physics?
You do not need to read all the textbooks in the list above. You can choose one or more textbooks that suit your needs and preferences.
Where can I get the JAMB recommended textbooks for Physics 2024/2025?
You can get them from various sources such as bookshops, libraries, online stores, friends, seniors, etc. You can also download some of them online as PDF files or e-books.