JAMB Subject Combination for Cyber Security Science 2024/2025: Cyber security is the practice of protecting information systems, networks, and devices from unauthorized access, use, modification, or destruction. Cyber security science is the field of study that explores the theoretical and practical aspects of cyber security, such as cryptography, network security, malware analysis, digital forensics, and ethical hacking.
If you are interested in pursuing a degree in cyber security science in Nigeria, you need to know the admission requirements and the subject combination for the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) examination. In this blog post, we will provide you with the following information:
- The list of universities that offer cyber security science in Nigeria
- The O’Level subjects and requirements for cyber security science
- The direct entry requirements for cyber security science
- The UTME subjects combination for cyber security science
- The career prospects and opportunities for cyber security science graduates
List of Universities that Offer Cyber Security Science in Nigeria 2024/2025
According to the JAMB brochure, the following universities offer cyber security science as a course:
- Admiralty University of Nigeria, Ibusa, Delta State (ADUN)
- Federal University of Technology, Minna, Niger State (MINNA)
- Technical University, Ibadan, Oyo State (TECH-IBADAN)
O’Level Subjects and Requirements for Cyber Security Science 2024/2025
To be eligible for admission into cyber security science, you need to have at least five (5) credit passes in the Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (SSCE) or its equivalent such as the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE), the National Examination Council (NECO), or the General Certificate of Education (GCE).
The five (5) credit passes must include the following subjects:
- English Language
- Plus two (2) other science subjects, such as Chemistry, Biology, Agricultural Science, Economics, or Geography.
Direct Entry Requirements for Cyber Security Science 2024/2025
If you have a higher qualification than the SSCE, such as the National Diploma (ND), the Higher National Diploma (HND) the National Certificate of Education (NCE), or the Advanced Level (A’Level), you can apply for direct entry admission into cyber security science.
The direct entry requirements for cyber security science are as follows:
- Two (2) A’Level passes in science subjects, including Mathematics
- NCE merit in Mathematics and one (1) other science or social science subject
- ND/HND upper credit in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, or related fields
UTME Subjects Combination for Cyber Security Science 2024/2025
To write the JAMB examination for cyber security science, you need to register for four (4) subjects, including the compulsory English Language. The other three (3) subjects are:
- And one (1) of Biology, Chemistry, Agricultural Science, Economics, or Geography
You need to score at least 180 marks in the JAMB examination to be considered for admission into cyber security science However, some universities may have higher cut-off marks, so you need to check the specific requirements of your preferred university before applying.
Career Prospects and Opportunities for Cyber Security Science Graduates 2024/2025
Cyber security is a fast-growing and dynamic field that offers many opportunities for graduates who have the skills and knowledge to protect information systems and networks from cyber threats. Some of the career paths that you can pursue as a cyber security science graduate are:
- Cyber security analyst: A cyber security analyst is responsible for monitoring, detecting, analyzing, and responding to cyber incidents and threats. They also perform vulnerability assessments, risk management, and security audits to ensure compliance with security policies and standards.
- Cyber security engineer: A cyber security engineer is responsible for designing, developing, testing, and implementing security solutions and systems to protect information assets and infrastructure. They also troubleshoot and resolve security issues and provide technical support and guidance to users and clients.
- Cyber security consultant: A cyber security consultant is responsible for providing expert advice and recommendations on cyber security matters to organizations and individuals. They also conduct security assessments, audits, and training to help clients improve their security posture and awareness.
- Cyber security researcher: A cyber security researcher is responsible for conducting scientific and academic research on cyber security topics, such as cryptography, malware analysis, digital forensics, and ethical hacking. They also publish their findings and discoveries in journals, conferences, and books.
- Cyber security educator: A cyber security educator is responsible for teaching and training students and professionals on cyber security concepts, principles, and practices. They also develop and update cyber security curricula, materials, and resources to meet the changing needs and demands of the industry.
These are just some of the examples of the career prospects and opportunities for cyber security science graduates. There are many more options and possibilities that you can explore and pursue in this exciting and rewarding field.
Cyber security science is a course that prepares you for the challenges and opportunities of the digital age. If you have a passion and interest in cyber security, you need to know the admission requirements and the subject combination for the JAMB examination. In this blog post, we have provided you with the essential information that you need to know to apply for cyber security science in Nigeria. We hope that this blog post has been helpful and informative for you. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them below.
What is the duration of cyber security science as a course?
Cyber security science is a four-year course for UTME candidates and a three-year course for direct entry candidates.
What are the skills and qualities that I need to succeed in cyber security science?
Some of the skills and qualities that you need to succeed in cyber security science are:
– Logical and analytical thinking
– Problem-solving and critical thinking
– Creativity and innovation
– Communication and teamwork
– Attention to detail and accuracy
– Curiosity and lifelong learning
What are the benefits of studying cyber security science?
Some of the benefits of studying cyber security science are:
– You will gain a solid foundation and understanding of cyber security concepts, principles, and practices
– You will develop technical and practical skills in cyber security tools, techniques, and methods
– You will have access to state-of-the-art facilities and equipment for cyber security education and research – You will have the opportunity to learn from experienced and qualified cyber security instructors and experts – You will have the chance to participate in cyber security competitions, events, and projects – You will have a competitive edge and advantage in the job market and the industry – You will have a rewarding and fulfilling career in cyber security