JAMB Subject Combination for Information Communication Engineering 2024/2025: Information Communication Engineering (ICE) is a branch of engineering that deals with the design, development, and application of information and communication technologies. ICE covers a wide range of topics such as computer networks, wireless communications, signal processing, data science, artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, and more.
If you are interested in studying ICE in any accredited Nigerian university, you need to meet the admission requirements set by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) and the West African Examinations Council (WAEC). In this blog post, we will provide you with the accurate JAMB subject combination for ICE, as well as the WAEC (O Level) subject requirements for ICE.
JAMB Subject Combination for ICE 2024/2025
To register for JAMB UTME or Direct Entry for ICE, you need to select four subjects that are relevant to the course. The four subjects are:
- English Language: This is a compulsory subject for all JAMB candidates. You need to have a good command of English language to communicate effectively and understand the course materials.
- Mathematics: Mathematics is a core subject for ICE as it forms the foundation for various mathematical concepts used in the field. You need to have a good grasp of algebra, calculus, statistics, and other branches of mathematics to solve problems and apply formulas in ICE.
- Economics: Economics is a relevant subject for ICE as it provides a foundation in understanding the economic factors and principles that impact the field. You need to have a basic knowledge of microeconomics, macroeconomics, development economics, and other aspects of economics to analyze and evaluate the costs and benefits of different ICT solutions.
- Any one of Account, Commerce, or Government: You can choose any one of these subjects to complement your combination. These subjects offer insights into business operations, financial management, and government policies, which are relevant in the ICT field.
WAEC (O Level) Subject Requirements for ICE 2024/2025
To qualify for admission into ICE, you need to have at least five (5) SSC credit passes in relevant subjects. The subjects are:
- English Language: As mentioned above, this is a compulsory subject for all candidates. You need to have a credit pass in English language to demonstrate your proficiency and comprehension skills.
- Mathematics: As mentioned above, this is a core subject for ICE. You need to have a credit pass in mathematics to show your aptitude and ability in the subject.
- Economics: As mentioned above, this is a relevant subject for ICE. You need to have a credit pass in economics to show your understanding and interest in the subject.
- Any two of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, or Further Mathematics: You need to choose any two of these subjects to complete your requirements. These subjects are related to the natural sciences and engineering fields, which are essential for ICE. You need to have credit passes in these subjects to show your knowledge and skills in the subject.
List of Universities Offering ICE
According to JAMB Brochure, there are only two universities in Nigeria that offer ICE as a course. They are:
- Covenant University (CU), Ota
- Federal University of Technology Akure (FUTA), Akure
These universities have their own specific admission requirements and cut-off marks for ICE. You can check their websites or contact their admission offices for more information.
ICE is an exciting and dynamic field that offers many opportunities and challenges for aspiring engineers. If you want to study ICE in Nigeria, you need to meet the JAMB and WAEC requirements for the course. You also need to choose the right university that suits your preferences and goals.
We hope this blog post has helped you understand the JAMB subject combination for ICE 2024/2025 and the WAEC (O Level) subject requirements for ICE. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them below. We wish you all the best in your academic pursuits!
What is the JAMB cut-off mark for ICE?
The JAMB cut-off mark for ICE varies depending on the university you choose. For example, Covenant University requires a minimum of 200 marks, while FUTA requires a minimum of 180 marks. However, these are not the final criteria for admission, as you also need to pass the post-UTME screening and meet other requirements.
What are the career prospects for ICE graduates?
ICE graduates have a wide range of career options in various sectors such as telecommunications, software development, data analysis, artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, and more. They can work as information and communication engineers, network engineers, software engineers, data scientists, AI engineers, cybersecurity analysts, and more. They can also pursue higher degrees or research in ICE or related fields.
How many years does it take to study ICE in Nigeria?
It takes four years to study ICE in Nigeria if you enter through UTME. However, if you enter through Direct Entry with an ND or HND qualification in a related field, you may be able to complete the course in three or two years respectively.