The Mandela Institute for Development Studies (MINDS) is awarding an amazing scholarship to enable African students to study in an African country other than their home country
Through tailored leadership development activities, the MINDS Scholarship Programme aims to nurture leaders who have a continental development mindset; leaders who will facilitate greater cohesion and cooperation between African countries.
Application Deadline: Ongoing
Eligible Countries: African countries
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: The scholarship will cover some or all of the expenses below, depending on whether a partial or full scholarship is awarded:
- Accommodation and meals,
- One return ticket per duration of studies,
- A fixed stipend.
- Applicants must be a national of an African country, residing in any African country
- Applicants must have been formally accepted by one or more MINDS preferred institution/s outside of your country of citizenship and/ or residency
- Applicants must have been formally accepted by one or more MINDS preferred institution/s to pursue postgraduate studies within the following year
- Applicants must have obtained at least 70% in each subject/ course in the last two completed years of study
- Applicants must produce evidence of demonstrated leadership abilities or potential guided by the questions/ requirements set out in the application form
Application Process: You can submit your application by clicking HERE. Please have the following documents scanned, saved and ready for uploading. All documents uploaded must be in PDF format. Each attachment should not exceed 2MB in size.
- A copy of the data/ bio page of your passport.
- A certified academic transcript/ results slip of the last two years of study.
- A copy of the official acceptance letter from the university. The letter must :
- Be addressed to the applicant.
- State the degree which the applicant has been accepted to study.
- State the academic year at which the degree will commence.
- State the duration of the course (e.g. one year).
- A copy of a valid study permit or visa OR proof of application. (Optional)
- A detailed CV/ Resume of not more than four (4) single sided pages.
- Two reference letters (of not more than 3 pages each) addressing the applicant’s demonstration of integrity, their competency and/or potential as a leader and their commitment to the development of the African continent.
Visit The Official Website For More Information
Leave a Reply