University of Calgary Acceptance Rate: The University of Calgary is one of the top universities in Canada with approximately 25,000 enrolled undergraduate and 5,000 graduate students annually.
Offering 250 undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate programs, the university has shown a continuous contribution to Canada’s international competitive advantage and addresses the most persistent and difficult societal issues.
Thus, Has Canada always been on your to-do list?
But why visit the country for a few weeks when you can spend 4 wonderful years there? you ask me how?
Well, the answer is simple; By enrolling in a Canadian university to complete your degree.
Enrolling in a Canadian university has a number of advantages, most notably the fact that Canadian universities are internationally recognized.
Additionally, education in Canada is of high quality, offering students breakthrough research opportunities and exposure to a multicultural society, as well as other long-term benefits such as post-employment opportunities.
Fascinated by the idea of enrolling at a renowned research institute in Canada?
Learn about admission, acceptance, rejection rates, and the waiting list system at one of Canada’s most prestigious universities, the University of Calgary by reading this article to the end.
University of Calgary Acceptance Rate for Bachelors Courses
As one of the top universities in Canada, admission to the University of Calgary is very competitive.
The university offers bachelor’s degrees in disciplines such as actuarial mathematics, astrophysics, bioinformatics, and economic analysis.
The university’s acceptance rate for undergraduate programs is between 10-20%, one of the lowest acceptance rates of any university in Canada.
University of Calgary Master’s Degree Acceptance Rate
The University of Calgary offers a range of Master of Science degrees specializing in areas such as petroleum engineering, chemical engineering, and biomedical engineering.
In addition, there are specializations for a master’s degree in medical sciences as well as law, psychology, and architecture.
The acceptance rate for graduate courses at the University of Calgary is relatively higher. On average, the master’s acceptance rate is around 63%.
University of Calgary Acceptance Rate for the MBA
As with Master’s programs, the acceptance rate for an MBA at the University of Calgary is around 60%.
Calgary offers two types of MBA programs: a day MBA and an evening MBA. Her program was ranked 4th in the world by the Global Green MBA in Corporate Knights (2013).
General conditions of admission for The University of Calgary
The basic admission criteria for all undergraduate courses include:
- For a UG program, a cumulative grade point average of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale or the equivalent (i.e. 80%) in the respective subject.
- A 4 year bachelor’s degree in eligible areas with a First Class Division (60-100%).
- Transcripts or marksheet from your previous diploma
- GMAT or GRE results for MBA and Masters programs in Canada.
- Letter of Intent (SOP) and letter of recommendation (LOR).
- Acceptable English exams: IELTS, C1 Advanced, TOEFL.
- If you are applying for a French-language degree, you will be required to take French placement tests such as TCF, TEF, DELF and DALF.
- Proof that you have sufficient funds to study in Canada.
- An updated resume (if required)
- If you are applying for a Masters Degree in Canada or Doctoral Studies, you may be required to provide two academic reference letters along with previous employment letters. And if you’ve never studied in Canada, you’ll also need an ECA (Educational Credential Assessment).
University of Calgary SAT and ACT Requirements
The Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) or the American College Test (ACT) are not required for admission; However, a student can also submit test results as part of a diverse qualification application.
If you choose to do so, the SAT Reasoning Test requires a minimum score of 1100, with no less than 400 points in the math component and either critical reading or writing component. If you are taking an ACT test, a combined minimum score of 24 is required.
University of Calgary Best courses
The University of Calgary is one of Canada’s top 10 universities (ranked 9th as of 2021) and is known for its breakthrough in several areas of education and training.
The university offers a wide range of courses in both bachelor’s and master’s degrees.
Access to the University of Calgary is difficult as the acceptance rate shows. Studying at the University of Calgary means studying in an exceptional academic environment with acclaimed faculty and researchers.
Here are some of the best courses available.
- Energy and the environment
- Medical sciences
- Geomatics engineering
- Computer science
University of Calgary Application Process
The best way to prepare for your application is to do some preliminary preparation.
To apply to the University of Calgary, you must complete the form on the university’s official website and pay $ 145 (₹ 8,539) to submit it.
You can register using the link below and then log in to submit all the documents required for the application process. Here is the link to the application portal.
University of Calgary Fees
|Course||Estimated Tuition Cost for International Students (Annual)|
|Faculty of Arts||CA$25,529|
|Cumming School of Medicine||CA$25,529|
|Haskayne School of Business||CA$26,406|
|Schulich School of Engineering||CA$33,406|
|Werklund School of Education||CA$25,529|
|Undergraduate||CA$25,529 (₹15.03 Lakhs)|
|Postgraduate||CA$13,330 (₹7.8 Lakhs)|
|MBA||CA$26,557 (₹15.63 Lakhs)|
Acceptance and Rejection Rate of University of Calgary
In conclusion, the University of Calgary has received numerous awards and honors since its inception.
These awards include both academic rankings and price-based rankings. Not only that, but the superior quality of education offered to students at the University of Calgary makes graduated students the first choice for employers, both in Canada and many other developed countries around the world.
The University of Calgary opens its admissions process in two sessions; the autumn and winter sessions.
This prestigious research university in Canada welcomes nearly 33,000 students, 20% of whom are international.
However, admissions to the University of Calgary are extremely competitive and place high demands on the educational background for applicants.
Here is the exact percentage of students whose applications are accepted and rejected each academic year:
- The acceptance rate at the University of Calgary as of 2021 is 10 to 20%.
- The rejection rate at the University of Calgary is 80 to 90% for the year 2021.
What about the University of Calgary Admissions Waiting List
The University of Calgary has a predetermined number of places for each course program. If a course is fully booked, future applicants may not be able to apply for the respective course.
However, you have the option to apply for the University of Calgary waiting list system. If the waiting list functionality is available, applicants can secure a place on the waiting list.
If a course is abandoned, his place will be released and automatically occupied by a student on the waiting list.
However, there are certain conditions under which a student cannot access a course even if they are on the waiting list. Some of the most common conditions are as follows:
For new candidates:
- If the student does not meet the prerequisites for the course
- If the course is restricted to a specific degree program or major that the student is not in
For enrolled students:
- If the student is having a time clash in attending the course because of a component course
- If the student has already enrolled himself in the maximum number of courses for the particular semester.
University of Calgary Scholarships 2022-2023
The fee structure at the University of Calgary is quite doable and affordable when compared to many prestigious research universities around the world.
The average annual tuition fee for Canadian residents is $ 12,000, while international students are subject to an average annual tuition fee of just over $ 26,000.
However, for those students who cannot afford the University of Calgary graduate tuition fees, the branch has launched a number of undergraduate and graduate scholarship programs, as well as student loans and emergency funding programs.
Here are some of the most popular University of Calgary scholarship programs to help fund students:
- University of Calgary Awards for International Student-Athletes
- University of Calgary International Undergraduate Awards
- Metis Scholars Undergraduate Awards
- Elizabeth and Walter Fairey Bursary
- D.H Greggs Indigenous Awards
- Dr. Michelle Hucul Indigenous Leadership Awards
- Rhodes Scholarships
- Loran Scholars
- Laurence Decore Awards
- Dr. Gary McPherson Scholarships
- Jason Lang Scholarships
- Louis McKinney Scholarships
- Graduate Students Associate Support Bursary
- Indigenous Career Awards
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
- Postdoctoral Research Program- Government of Canada
- University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarships
- The Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation Grants for Artists
Additional Funding Resources for International Students at the University of Calgary:
- ALSA Academic Achievement Awards
- Canadian Federation of University Women Bursary
- Calgary Helen Steeves Memorial Scholarships in Law
- Evelyn M. Brown Legacy Bursary
- Jean and Rudy Radons Scholarships in Science
- Calgary Undergraduate Centennial Scholarships in Arts
- M. Jean Hicks deBruyn Scholarships in Education
- University of Alberta Calgary Alumni Branch Scholarships
- University of Calgary Alumni Association Bursary
- The University of Calgary Bursaries in Medicine
- University of Calgary Bamfield Awards.
Frequently Asked Question About University of Calgary Acceptance Rate
Do I have to be fully vaccinated to get on campus?
Not necessarily. Students who are not fully vaccinated must have periodic rapid tests and negative tests before they can participate in personal activities. Anyone who cannot be tested or vaccinated for medical reasons or other protective grounds recognized by the Alberta Human Rights Act can apply for housing.
Is It expensive to live in Calgary?
No, Calgary has the second-lowest-cost of living of any Canadian city and is much cheaper than many major North American cities.
Is the University of Calgary good for international students?
Yes sir. The University of Calgary is one of the top universities in Canada and all of North America for good reason. In addition to promoting multidisciplinary programs, the university also sponsors international studies, volunteering, and research programs that provide an international context and promote diversity and excellence in learning. In the QS 2022 world rankings, the University of Calgary ranks 235.
How Safe is Calgary?
Comparable to other Canadian cities, Calgary has a very low crime rate. When compared to similarly-sized US cities, Calgary is incredibly safe.
How many campuses does the University of Calgary have?
The University of Calgary has 5 campuses, 4 in Calgary and 1 in Qatar.
Now, You Know All About Admissions At The University of Calgary acceptance rate. What are you waiting for? Try your luck and apply for admission to the University of Calgary and the scholarship programs listed above. what do you think about this article? feel free to let us know in the comment box.