JAMB Recommended Textbooks for Art 2024/2025: If you are preparing for the JAMB Art examination, you might be wondering what are the best textbooks to use. The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has released a list of recommended textbooks for Art candidates for the 2024/2025 academic session.
|1||Banjoko I.||Visual Arts Made Easy||Movic Publishing Company Ltd, Lagos|
|2||Egonwa, O.D.||African Art: A Contemporary Source Book||Osasu Publishers, Benin|
|3||Eguilae, S.A.||The Essential Groundwork in Art and Design||Omotola Standard Press and Bookshop (Nig) Ltd|
|4||Erese, U. O. and Ogunsina E. D.||Creative Arts and Crafts for J. S. S.||Onibonoje Press|
|5||Nahab, S. J.||Art of the Millennium for Senior Secondary Schools||Ehindero (Nig.) Ltd|
|6||Ogumor, E.||Certificate Art for Junior and Senior Secondary Schools||University Press Plc, Ibadan|
|7||Olaosebikan W. A.||Cultural and Creative Arts||Evans|
|8||Olurukooba, B. K.||Art for Senior Secondary Schools||ABU|
|9||Uzoagba I. N.||Understanding Art in General Education||African Publish Ltd, Onitsha|
|10||Wangboje, I. N.||A Textbook on Art for Junior and Senior Secondary Schools||Evans Publishers|
These textbooks cover various aspects of visual arts, such as history, theory, practice, and appreciation. They are designed to help you understand the concepts, principles, and techniques of art and to prepare you for the JAMB Art questions.
What is the JAMB Art Syllabus?
The JAMB Art syllabus is a document that outlines the topics, objectives, and contents of the art subject for the UTME and DE examinations. The syllabus is designed to test candidates’ knowledge and skills in art, as well as their ability to apply them in various contexts. The syllabus also helps candidates to know what to expect in the examinations and how to study effectively.
The JAMB Art syllabus covers various aspects of art, such as:
- Art appreciation: This section deals with the appreciation of art works from different cultures, periods, and styles. It also covers the elements and principles of art, such as line, shape, color, texture, balance, harmony, etc.
- Art entrepreneurship: This section deals with the opportunities and challenges of art as a profession. It covers topics such as art marketing, art criticism, art education, art administration, etc.
- Art terms: This section deals with the definitions and meanings of common art terms, such as aesthetics, composition, perspective, proportion, etc.
- Artistic skills, techniques and processes: This section deals with the practical aspects of art production. It covers topics such as drawing, painting, sculpture, printmaking, ceramics, textiles, etc.
- Classification of art: This section deals with the classification of art according to various criteria, such as media, genre, function, style, etc.
- Development in contemporary Nigerian arts and artists: This section deals with the trends and issues in contemporary Nigerian art. It covers topics such as modernism, realism, abstraction, expressionism, etc. It also covers some notable Nigerian artists and their works.
List of JAMB Recommended Textbooks for Art 2024/2025
Art is one of the subjects that candidates can choose to write in the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME). Art candidates are expected to have a good knowledge of the visual arts, the history and culture of various peoples, and the basic principles of art and design. To prepare for the UTME, art candidates need to study the JAMB syllabus and the recommended textbooks for art.
The JAMB recommended textbooks for art are books that have been approved by JAMB as suitable materials for studying art. These books cover the topics in the syllabus and provide examples, illustrations, exercises, and questions for practice. The books also expose candidates to different styles, techniques, and forms of art from various cultures and periods.
The following are the JAMB recommended textbooks for Art 2024/2025:
- Banjoko I. (2000) Visual Arts made Easy: Textbook for Schools and Colleges, Lagos, Movic Publishing Company Ltd.
- Egonwa, O.D. (1991) African Art: A contemporary Source Book, Benin: Osasu Publishers.
- Eguilae, S.A. (1985) The Essential Ground work in Art and Design, Omotola Standard Press and Bookshop (Nig) Ltd.
- Erese, U. O. and Ogunsina E. D. (1989) Creative Arts and Crafts for J. S. S. Onibonoje Press.
- Nahab, S. J. (2003) Art of the Millennium for Senior Secondary Schools, Ehindero (Nig.) Ltd.
- Ogumor, E. (1993) Certificate Art for Junior Secondary Schools and Senior Secondary Schools, Ibadan: University Press Plc.
- Olaosebikan W. A. (1982) Cultural and Creative Arts, Evans
- Olurukooba, B. K. (1991) Art for Senior Secondary Schools, ABU
- Uzoagba I. N. (1982) Understanding Art in General Education, Onitsha; African Publish Ltd
- Wangboje, I. N. (1982) A Textbook on Art for Junior and Senior Secondary Schools, Evans Publishers
In conclusion, the JAMB Art syllabus is a useful guide for candidates who want to excel in the UTME and DE examinations. The syllabus covers various topics in art, such as art appreciation, art entrepreneurship, art terms, artistic skills, techniques and processes, classification of art, development in contemporary Nigerian arts and artists, etc.