If you are planning to write computer studies in your JAMB UTME, you need to prepare well and study the right textbooks that will help you understand the subject and score high marks. In this blog post, we will provide you with a list of JAMB recommended textbooks for computer studies 2024/2025, as well as some tips on how to use them effectively.
JAMB Recommended Textbooks for Computer Studies 2024/2025
According to the official JAMB syllabus for computer studies 2024/2025, the following are the recommended textbooks for computer studies:
- A Textbook for Year 11 – Computer Studies Bibhya Sharma, Shaveen Singh & Vijay Singh, Publisher: Technology and Employment Skills Training Ministry of Education, Fiji.
- Addan Emmanuel (2013). My Computer for Senior Secondary Schools 1, 2, 3 with Practical Training CD. Valueplus Publication Limited.
- Adebisi, A. J. (2013). Fundamentals of Computer Studies, Nigeria: Expert Consults, Available on https://www.researchgate.net/publication/258339295_FUNDAMENTALS_OF_COMPUTE R_STUDIES
- Adedapo F. O. Mitchell A. S. and Agunbiade D. A. (Assessed on August 6, 2021): Online with Computer Senior Secondary 2; rasmedpublications.com
- Brookshear, J. G. (1991). Computer Science: An Overview. Benjamin-Cummings Publishing Co. Inc.
- Chiemeke Stella C., Souley Boukari, Olumide B. Longe (Assessed on August 6, 2021); Computer Studies for Senior Secondary Schools; University Press Plc., upssbookshop.com
- Doyle, S (1995). Computer Studies for You, USA: Nelson Thomas Ltd, 2nd Edition. Available at https://www.amazon.com/GCSC-Computer-Studies-You/dp/0748703810
- Driscoll, T. & Dolden R. (1998). Computer Studies and Information Technology (The Motivate Series), Nigeria: Macmillan Education, Available at https://amazon.com/ComputerStudies-Information-Technology-Motivate/dp/0333598342
- Henderson, P. (1987, February), Modern Introductory Computer Science. In Proceedings of the eighteen SIGCSE technical symposium on Computer Science education (pp. 183-190).
- HiiT@School (Assessed on August 6, 2021); Computer Studies for Senior Secondary Education; HiiT
- Ojo D. J. (2018). Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination on Data Processing. Past Questions and Answers (2014 – 2020). Published by TONAD Publishers Limited. (Theory, Objectives and Practical)
- Otuka J. O. E. Akande A. F. and Iginla S. I. (2019): New Computer Studies 1-3; LearnAfrica
- Senior School Certificate Examinations/National Examination Council (SSCE/NECO). PastQuestions and Answers on Computer Studies (Theory/Objectives).
- Sloan, R. H., & Troy, P. (2008). CS 0.5: a better approach to introductory computer sciencefor majors. ACM SIGCSE Bulletin, 40(1), 271-275.
How to Use JAMB Recommended Textbooks for Computer Studies 2024/2025
The JAMB recommended textbooks for computer studies 2024/2025 are not meant to be read from cover to cover. Rather, they are meant to be used as references and guides to supplement your study materials and notes. Here are some tips on how to use them effectively:
- Read the JAMB syllabus for computer studies 2024/2025 carefully and identify the topics and objectives that you need to master.
- Use the table of contents or index of each textbook to locate the relevant chapters or sections that cover the topics that you need to study.
- Read the summaries or introductions of each chapter or section to get an overview of what you will learn.
- Skim through the main text and pay attention to the definitions, examples, diagrams, tables, charts, graphs, formulas, algorithms, codes, exercises, and questions that are related to the topics that you need to study.
- Take notes of the key points and concepts that you need to remember. You can use bullet points, outlines, mind maps, flashcards, or any other method that works for you.
- Review your notes regularly and test yourself with the exercises and questions at the end of each chapter or section. You can also use past questions or mock tests to practice your skills and knowledge.
- If you encounter any difficulty or confusion while studying a topic or solving a problem or question from a textbook or past question paper then
- refer back to the textbook or past question paper for clarification or explanation
- consult other sources such as online tutorials, videos, blogs, forums, or teachers for further guidance or assistance.
Computer studies is a subject that requires a lot of practice and understanding. To ace your JAMB UTME in computer studies 2024/2025 , you need to study hard using the right textbooks that will help you learn the concepts and principles of computer science. In this blog post , we have provided you with a list of JAMB recommended textbooks for computer studies 2024/2025 , as well as some tips on how to use them effectively. We hope that this blog post has been helpful and informative for you. We wish you all the best in your JAMB UTME preparation.
How many textbooks do I need to study for computer studies 2024/2025?
You do not need to study all the textbooks that are recommended by JAMB for computer studies 2024/2025. You can choose one or two textbooks that cover the topics that you need to study and use them as references and guides. You can also use other sources such as online tutorials, videos, blogs, forums, or teachers to supplement your study materials and notes.
How can I get the JAMB recommended textbooks for computer studies 2024/2025?
You can get the JAMB recommended textbooks for computer studies 2024/2025 from various sources such as bookstores, libraries, online stores, or friends. You can also download some of them in PDF format from the internet. However, you should be careful of the quality and authenticity of the textbooks that you get from the internet. You should always check the author, publisher, edition, and year of publication of the textbooks that you get from the internet.
How can I prepare for computer studies 2024/2025 without textbooks?
It is possible to prepare for computer studies 2024/2025 without textbooks, but it is not advisable. Textbooks are important sources of information and guidance that will help you learn the concepts and principles of computer science. Without textbooks, you may miss out on some important topics or details that may be tested in your JAMB UTME. Therefore, it is recommended that you use textbooks as much as possible to prepare for computer studies 2024/2025.