JAMB Subject Combination for Home Economics 2024/2025: Home Economics is a course that deals with the study of the management of the home and family. It covers topics such as nutrition, food preparation, clothing, child development, family relations, consumer education, and household economics. Home Economics is offered in many universities and polytechnics in Nigeria, and it is a popular choice for students who are interested in pursuing careers in education, hospitality, health, and social services.
Table of Contents
JAMB Subject Combination for Home Economics 2024/2025
The subjects you are to write in JAMB to study Home Economics are:
- English Language (compulsory for all courses)
- Mathematics/Physics or one (1) Social Science subject
This means that you have to choose one of the following options:
- English Language, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics
- English Language, Chemistry, Biology, and Physics
- English Language, Chemistry, Biology, and a Social Science subject (such as Economics, Geography, Government, etc.)
- English Language, Chemistry, Agriculture, and Mathematics
- English Language, Chemistry Agriculture, and Physics
- English Language, Chemistry, Agriculture, and a Social Science subject
You should note that some schools may have specific requirements for the Social Science subject you choose, so you should check the school’s website or brochure for more details.
O’Level Requirements for Home Economics 2024/2025
To study Home Economics in any Nigerian university, you need to have at least five (5) credit passes in your O’Level examination. These subjects must include English Language, Mathematics, Home Economics, and any two (2) of Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Agricultural Science, or Economics. You can use either your WAEC, NECO or NABTEB result to apply for admission. However, some universities may have specific requirements for their Home Economics programme, so you should always check the JAMB brochure before choosing your course and institution.
Admission Requirements for Home Economics 2024/2025
To be eligible for admission to study Home Economics, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must have at least five (5) credit passes in SSCE (WAEC, NECO, GCE, or NABTEB) or equivalent in relevant subjects, including English Language, Mathematics, Chemist Biology/Agriculture, and any other subject.
- You must score at least 180 in JAMB UTME, which is the minimum cut-off mark for most schools. However, some schools may have higher cut-off marks, so you should check the school’s website or brochure for more information.
- You must pass the post-UTME screening test conducted by the school of your choice, if applicable.
- You must meet any other requirements specified by the school or the department.
List of Schools that Offer Home Economics 2024/2025
According to the JAMB brochure, the following institutions offer Home Economics or related courses in Nigeria:
- Michael Okpara University of Agricultural (MOUAU)
Available as Home Economics Education in:
- Ambrose Alli University
- Abia State University
- Ahmadu Bello University
- University of Benin
- Delta State University
- Ebonyi State University
- University of Lagos
- Obafemi Awolowo University
- University of Nigeria
- University of Uyo
Home Economics is a course that equips you with the skills and knowledge to manage the home and family effectively. It also opens up various career opportunities in education, hospitality, health, and social services. If you are interested in studying Home Economics in Nigeria, you need to know the JAMB subject combination for the course, as well as the admission requirements and the list of schools that offer it. We hope that this blog post has provided you with all the information you need to make an informed decision about your future.
What is the meaning of Home Economics?
Home Economics is the study of the management of the home and family. It covers topics such as nutrition, food preparation, clothing, child development, family relations, consumer education, and household economics.
What are the benefits of studying Home Economics?
Studying Home Economics can help you to:
– practical skills and competencies for everyday living
– Enhance your creativity and problem-solving abilities
– Promote healthy and sustainable lifestyles for yourself and others
– Understand the social, economic, and environmental factors that affect the home and family
– Explore various career opportunities in education, hospitality, health, and social services
What are the career opportunities for Home Economics graduates?
Home Economics graduates can work in various sectors, such as:
– Education: They can teach Home Economics or related subjects in primary, secondary, or tertiary institutions. They can also design and implement curricula, educational programs, and materials for Home Economics education.
– Hospitality: They can work in hotels, restaurants, catering services, food processing industries, or other establishments that provide food and accommodation services. They can also manage or supervise such establishments, or provide consultancy services for them.
– Health: They can work in health care facilities, community health centers, nutrition clinics, or other organizations that provide health and wellness services. They can also educate or counsel individuals or groups on nutrition, diet, hygiene, or other health-related issues.
– Social Services: They can work in social welfare agencies, family support centers, child care facilities, or other organizations that provide social and human services. They can also assist or advocate for individuals or families who are facing challenges or difficulties in their lives.